PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

A bit of smoke and mirrors here. I think they are hoping that we...

1. 425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    A bit of smoke and mirrors here. I think they are hoping that we can't count.
    As stated earlier, guidance was for $21-23M. Now its $15-17M, a drop of $6M. Today's release announces an increase of $7.5M in revenue with $8-9M postponed till next financial year. Worst case from this is a drop in revenue for this year of $1.5M (7.5m increase minus 9M deferred) The canal project looks like it has been delayed, their wording is typically vague though, first they say that $1.5M will be delayed till next financial year then they say that the full $2.5M may be delayed. Lets say again, worst case, $2.5M, add the $1.5M from the wetlands and you have a decrease in revenue of a maximum of $4M. The revenue was revised down by $6M. Where's the other $2M
    I have been generous here by allowing for worst case scenarios. If we use best and worst case we get a revenue drop for this year of $2.0 - $4.0M
    Once again we are not being fed the full story, but hey, what can we expect, we're just the owners of the company.
    Just letting off steam. In reality I am overall happy with this announcement. I was waiting for the downgrade for this year, I have been with this company and this board for a very long time and learnt that you get less disappointed if you have low expectations. One day they will over deliver I'm sure of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.