FMG 2.15% $18.49 fortescue ltd

Many thanks for your extensive research and comprehensive...

1. 277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    Many thanks for your extensive research and comprehensive reply.
    My question however, is couched in a layman's simplistic terms. FMG's objective was to produce renewable energy from wind and solar for the purpose of producing hydrogen that could later be used to produce electricity. Hence, for the venture to be profitable, taking energy losses of storage, transportation, and conversion cost back to electricity into consideration, I would imagine one unit of wind and solar produced electricity would need to produce at least three units of useable electricity from hydrogen. This is the conversion ratio I was referring to. Only by knowing the conversion ratio can one decide to invest billions, so there must be some research on the conversion ratio.
    I am an investor, not an emotively driven feel good climate alarmist out to save the planet, so I am looking at the project from a purely financial point of view. Ammonia is a different essential product whose cost has proven to be more economical when its energy input is fossil fuels. I am not interested in investing in a business reliant on taxpayer subsidies to survive. Financial incompetence is not sustainable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.49
Change
0.390(2.15%)
Mkt cap ! $56.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.32 $18.62 $17.94 $159.1M 8.651M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 150 $18.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.50 4305 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.