FMG 1.43% $22.04 fortescue ltd

I remember HZR having a bit of a run early this year, but maybe...

1. 3,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    I remember HZR having a bit of a run early this year, but maybe it was just a delayed effect of FMG having a Santa rally up to record highs end of last year pushing the green hydrogen energy narrative? And yeah it was really looking like maybe hydrogen was going to overtake EVs and solar energy batteries judging by the market sentiment, but it's now looking like the critiques were right, hydrogen is too expensive, whether if this just applies to certain types of hydrogen I am not too sure, there is of course also talk about natural hydrogen being a lot cheaper.

But tbh perhaps it may be better off just watching on the sidelines, as no one really knows for certain how much white/gold natural hydrogen is actually going to cost to set up an operation and produce..... Until one of these cos like HYT or GHY actually get there. Capex and Opex dissappointments are everywhere at the moment.

So what now? Green Energy/renewables just looks like it's too expensive to set up overall. The governments are throwing heaps of money at these sort of projects, but how many are actually financially viable?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.04
Change
-0.320(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $67.86B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.32 $22.41 $21.98 $158.0M 7.125M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39363 $22.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.05 1722 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.