PEK 2.78% 17.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Ann: Management Changes, page-25

1. 3,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360

I think you are not accounting for the requirement an economy has for financial inflows.

As in the mkt will take a long time to forgive the Tanzanian authorities if they string PEK/ORR out for this long and then try to sweep them up last second.. The only investment you get at that point (for a while) is Chinese and it's on their terms. Plus the Tanzanian govt have 50% of the benefits locked in.. they want this, and they want profitable people running it.

Magufuli has been interesting on China.. on the one hand he is on the record as saying he prefers Chinese credit as it comes no strings attached.. (there are strings attached, not being able to press go on development projects when you want to is one). On the other hand he says the Chinses deal signed by his predecessor for the construction of a port, "could only have been signed by drunkard."

It sort of casts some negative light on the Chinese govt a comment like that. So he is not so in their pocket that he can't speak his mind.

But I'd imagine he is nervy around election time. If the Russians can influence the US election it is pretty safe to assume the Chinese or Americans could influence the Tanzanian election.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $46.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $11.87K 65.99K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 585404 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 13596 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.