VMY 0.00% 19.0¢ vimy resources limited

I'm not sure I agree with the 'Labor will blow everything up'...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31

I'm not sure I agree with the 'Labor will blow everything up' trope..

The Labor government have publicly acknowledged that they intend to honor all existing mines / permits.

They have clearly stipulated / agreed the requirements for these permits. Delays due to additional government RFI's (VMY has no control over timeframe) will result in extensions to these timeframes if requires - it's how the system works. Using additional RFI's to prolong the timeline is highly unethical, and 100% subject to legal challenge - IMHO they'd get destroyed. I dont view this as a significant issue / showstopper.

The Labor government won by a massive majority, but this doesnt mean they can can ignore the law. They've been upfront about honoring their obligations, and this is a very solid justification to take to voters. They can also take the stance of '...from this point on, this is our stance - however were doing the right thing'.

Something to think about.. is the fact they can AFFORD to take a slight hit in the polls (from the extremist environmental folk) and still push honor their promises.

WA as a jurisdiction knows the benefis of investment in mining / resources. If they can say '...well we need to honor our agreements, as its the right thing to do' while HUGELY benefitting the local economy, it's a solid move. This would ensure more economic prosperity (proven to be the best indicator of election success), and counteract any negativity from uneducated environmentalists.

It's overly simplistic to simply state 'Labor are in govt, so they'll shut everything down' It's nota binary argument. That's not how politics works.

Watching all the 'doom and gloom / the end is nigh' posts on HC is hilarious tbh.

#steadyhands

Last edited by fnord: 01/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.