CMG 2.50% 19.5¢ critical minerals group limited

Hi Lef @Lefevre I look for your comments on the Microba threads...

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2747
    Hi Lef @Lefevre I look for your comments on the Microba threads and generally find that there you are a glass-half-full type of poster so was a bit surprised by your blunt "That's not a good look !" comment. I was hoping you might have gone on to elaborate but radio silence from you since.

I don't know much about either Scott Drelincourt or Scott Winter but I observed not only was there no prior notice that SD was stepping down but also that the Board had already employed a replacement to SD in Scott Winter who was starting in the role that very day. This suggests to me that Scott Winter was already lined up to fill the role and the departure of Scott Drelincourt was likely a consequence of, not a reason for Scott Winter getting the job.

At face value SW seems amply qualified to run a tiddler ASX company like Critical Minerals Group, including having been an interim MD and CEO at Jupiter Mines (ASX:JMS) in 2021 and 2022 for 11 months. The fact he remains as an non-exec director at Jupiter suggests he did not do too much wrong in the executive role. Jupiter is all about manganese but I am confident SW's skills are transferable into running what effectively will be a quarry. Again, without knowing too much about SD I don't see the appointment of Scott Winter as a step back by the Board.

The Qld vanadium hopefuls do need to get a wriggle on. They have a massive capex advantage over the ferro-vanadium guys in WA and a state government that is bending over backwards to get them to the starting line but the explosion of grid scale energy storage systems (ESSs) is starting to happen now and those players in the game now will probably be the ones that become the established players in the next half decade or so. In my view in the ESS space it is more the case of early birds catching the worm than of the first mouse rarely getting the cheese.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $11.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.5¢ $278 1.427K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80940 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 48 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.51pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.