NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

@RedRooster2 The likely commerciality of the gas shows were...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5871
    @RedRooster2 The likely commerciality of the gas shows were obvious. The oil is a bit more subtle. They said 30 m of the 60 m gross oil intersection had average porosity of about 9% (using an 8% cutoff). This is using the wireline logging data. They would have also taken a heap of sidewall cores. They send them to the lab to get tested. They use the lab data too (i suspect it has not come in yet), then they go back and look at all the data in totality. That is when they decide whether to run a production test for the oil intersection. My gut tells me we have producible oil here - I've been fairly consistent on this view for months now. I think they got 38 deg API in NE-1, and that stuff has similar kinematic viscosity to water (i.e. if anything will flow it will be this) - so thats what i would be expecting here. But i don't have all the data - Im speculating. Lets see what happens.

If they find oil - rest assured, it will be produced as long as there s a buck to me made (ie economic). Min have got diesel trucks and dozers last time i looked, so whilst they want gas, they also need diesel.

In one of their anns they said permeability here in the Wagina/Dongara not that great, but we know where it is pretty good - Nth Erregulla Deep. So id expect the next well to go there - and yes they're not stupid, they will be out there with their jerry cans ready to fill them with oil.
    Last edited by alexei ii: 28/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.