MMI 5.88% 5.4¢ metro mining limited

It's nice to have large stockpiles but they cost money to move...

1. 506 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    It's nice to have large stockpiles but they cost money to move around and the original plan was for just in time production, minimal stockpiles and loading. This was a key aspect of the low cost strategy and lean mining, but those people who had a firm plan and grasp of this are no longer there. I really find it hard to understand the push for 3.5 million tonnes and removing the contract miner 12 months early if budgeted site costs were in line with forecast. Did MMI really underestimate how much freight rates were going to blow out the costs? With the higher fuel prices how are we seeing site costs in line with that budgeted? What they do and say in this area is confusing. I will be very happy if we achieve the 3.5 million and see shipping rates boosted. We should have a very good idea of performance through a number of posters keeping close tabs of Marine Traffic and Queensland Ports public pages so no reliance on MMI for timely updates. Quick cashflow is going to be critical now and we can't afford any issues with slow loading or teething problems in April.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.003(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $314.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ $1.341M 25.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 338165 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 932313 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.54pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.