WRR 0.00% 16.0¢ world reach limited

Thanks for that. Changed again to recommend WRR. based on new...

1. 2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Thanks for that. Changed again to recommend WRR. based on new info.

My bias is from being an ex- land based mobile telephone base station installer of 1G 2G 3G 4G.
    So 1G in 1985 to 4g now and soon 5G -speeds of Gbyte/sec download - and it is beyond my skillset now.

2.4kbit/sec is 144kbit/minute is 8.64kbit/hour. That is 8.64/8= 1.08MByte/hour
    So 25.92MB a day. Which is 777.6MB every 30 days at fulltime 24/7 download speeds.

25MB at 2.4kbit/sec will take over 23.18 hours - bit more than 10 minutes.

Checking inmarsat isathub prices would be approx $2000 fro 777MB.
    Definately Iridium Go has cheaper price with unlimited data of 777MB every 30 days.

I feel sure there will be no unlimited plan IF there is data speeds around 500kbit/sec
    (approx 155 GigBytes.)

My figures show the iridium data price is 10 times higher than inmarsat - IF you don't use the unlimited plan.
    As they say the majority of users - use the unlimited - they would be loosing big time on smaller plans.
    So they are forced to use the unlimited pan - good strategy.

So price wise- for initial cost and unlimited plan (2000 vs130)- the iridium has the advantage by a factor
    of 2000/130= 15 times. So looks good if you can handle the slow speed.
    Maybe more stable at sea- as you/others say. - need the experience of real people using it.- versus the company marketing.

BUT the real emerging market is the 2billion people on 2G or nothing- land based.
    I suspect that Zuckerberg and Gates and Musk are targeting 2billion users that don't have proper internet access. Also global internet satellite - no roaming charges- (roaming charges are tens of $billions$ annually)
    First to market to the whole world.

Planes and boats and the 2billion without access (as well as existing) is the target market.
    for the proven number one achievers.
    Things continually change every few weeks in the tech world - continual improvement and reiteration.
    Every few years another generation of new equipment.

Imran-
    continual R&D and producing great products.
    Is there any figures on margins of hardware products?
    And is there any revenue from sales of iridium plans?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WRR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.