AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Most of this just LTs versus STs, it’s a moot argument at the...

1. 1,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Most of this just LTs versus STs, it’s a moot argument at the end of the day. That’s fine, because we have our own individual goals.

Personally, the timelines have been a bit off, but like anything mining, timelines aren’t absolute. The company has goals and they have to roughly
    estimate to provide transparency. But hey life happens, and so things change. So the real question is this? Will they mine?

I expect the Chinese to open this, because this hard rock project is superior overall maybe second to Greenbushes. This allows them to take market share from its competitors, which everyone wants, and negotiate better long term prices from brine projects with the majors, “I have this mine and I can get high quality supply and convert at roughly the same cost that it takes for them to process and import brine therefore, give it to me at these prices or I’ll head else where.”

The cost of expected production due to tin byproduct will come out to be much lower than many of the competitors and in the long term cheaper than rivals, even if the DRC increases mining royalties. Let’s remember DRC is way cheaper compared to Chile and Canada and some of the other western countries. So it will be able to compete and effectively produce large quantities in stage 2 giving them market share, and a seat the table to set price and production quotas.

Too much incentive, why else would the Chinese commit 285 mil to infrastructure. And hey if the Americans and Indians aren’t competing, they will eventually pay premium for the batteries since we control downstream and upstream in the next 10-15 years. The money will flow thru China, and it allow them to gain soft power and economic power fulfilling their global agenda and push their belt project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.