CDX 1.89% 5.4¢ cardiex limited

Hi Hedrox,Thank you so much for all the effort you go to, it’s...

1. 6,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5271
    Hi Hedrox,

Thank you so much for all the effort you go to, it’s very much appreciated!

It’s possible that these poster/presentations are still under embargo for the conference which ends today overnight or today (21-23 in Europe). I am guessing they will be published in Artery Research Journal following the conference. CDX may ANN tomorrow after the conference is closed or maybe later today on SM if not? That is the usual from my past experience.

What this really did demonstrate though, is the huge amount of research many of these co-authors have undertaken in the last 10 or so years in this space & more recently in wearables at Macquarie University. Some more homework for me @hedrox.

Just a tip: A good place to find things is Research Gate, if Authors have a Profile on there & that goes for all Biotech investing.

Coming across some news on Apple Watch this morning & a patent filed for BP monitoring.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/appleinsider.com/articles/21/10/21/future-apple-watch-bands-could-include-a-stretchable-blood-pressure-cuff/amp/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.tomsguide.com/amp/news/the-next-apple-watch-could-measure-your-blood-pressure-heres-how

This will be a thing to be discussed I guess, so now is probably a good time.

I can’t wrap my head around how you could wear this 24/7 & thinking of safety aspects as well with occluding circulation to your hand, especially when asleep (even if you could sleep with your wrist being compressed randomly). So I’m guessing this may be helpful for random assessment of BP with the user instigating when to take it, not 24/7 monitoring.

So that may not be too helpful in the 24/7 monitoring Dept, but useful for a random BP check on the go?

24/7 BP monitoring is important because it can fluctuate so much, and not just “White Coat” syndrome. Elderly people in particular can wake in the morning with extremely high BP with autonomic dysfunction & often due to comorbidity & drop later in the day with medication leading to falls, so it’s a massive balancing act managing BP.

Not so sure I would be happy with a watch that occludes circulation, especially in older people with existing peripheral neuropathy & peripheral vascular disease (sensory deficit, think Type 2 diabetes just as an example, even in younger people, a target population to monitor cardiovascular health).

Ageism is a thing, we should never assume that older people can’t digest & interact with technology successfully, many even having an enriching experience with that, but some cannot & that’s a worry when you may have some kind of design that can independently occlude an artery to a vital appendage like your hand, If you don’t know how to switch it off.

Anyone with elderly parents with health issues & “technology frustration” where you get frequent phone calls, may also understand this. I would be concerned about ‘blue hands’ especially overnight. It’s not non-invasive BP monitoring in this respect.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $15.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ $31.07K 586.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 149188 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ 56887
Last updated 11.47am 03/05/2024 ?
CDX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.