CVN 0.00% 15.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Ann: March 2011 Quarterly Report , page-21

1. 13,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1048
    Loki,

Yes the broker preferred premier end of the mid caps has been about as dismal, perhaps anything lesser than a WPL amongst oilers really is unsuitable for "buy and hold", since even in the event you have one that really succeeds (or seems to be like CVN in 2007/8) it overshoots high and you are then wise to then sell.

The hard rock guys do generally have a REAL business model, as opposed to the hope and hype in the oil patch. The trouble is Aus is not really an oily place to extract from, but in contrast the ASX is a great place to extract high 6 and even 7 figure salary/fee packages from.

As for copper, I am no expert, really just used a process of elimination to get low cash cost proven producers I was comfortable with, and added when the numbers looked attractive, only really been in OXR/OZL and PNA (and got burnt on the OXR/ZFX merger like many).

Gotta,

Ah, a little bit of blood flow good for you, but I am not going to top up and put my other arm in the mauler as well.

I really think that when even one with fortitude such as yourself gets out it might really signal the bottom, capitulation of the faithful and all? I can't see tremendous near term upside though, but stabilisation and a weak turn now/soon. Only for the patiently brave (or intransient fools like me) imo.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $277.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 15.0¢ $99.67K 646.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 256723 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 1330643 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.