VXL 0.00% 11.5¢ valence industries limited

My understanding is that any shareholder can buy into the rights...

1. zog
    2,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 891
    My understanding is that any shareholder can buy into the rights issue and also apply for any shortfall. SER (as a major shareholder) could participate to the extent of Chimarea's $6.3m. IMO SER participation in the RI is unlikely, due to unsecured creditors being offered 1c a share to pay off their debt. Also SER:

1. Do not have have Chimaeara's $6.3m and are unlikely to be selling out their 20% share in the Ionic IPO (whenever that happens).
    2. It's doubtful that at this stage whether SER's 20% would raise $6.3m and certainly not the $6m for unsecured creditors
    2. They are more likely to spend any money from Ionic (if they sell their 20% stake) on exploration of the mineral sands in WA (they are after all a mining/exploration company).
    3. I am unsure that agreement currently in place with the unsecured creditors to accept payment in VXL shares (@1c each); they may refuse to accept payment in this manner.
    4. SER (then Eagle Bay) carried Uley at $3,567,448 in 2003 accounts and even with the money spent plant and equipment in 2014/2015 is unlikely to be worth much more than $4m in a fire sale (it was carried at $8,554,085 (including $147,899 for motor vehicles which have probably been sold) in 2015 accounts).
    5. After a RI and sale of shares to unsecured creditors there would he 2,629,016,214 shares on issue and 630,000,000, 1.5c options). Around ~20:1 consolidation would be necessary to bring this to a reasonable figure

I am not a lawyer but have in the past been involved in winding up a company. My understanding is that any of the creditors (secured and unsecured) can put a company into liquidation or the company themselves can go into voluntary liquidation. I don't know where VXL is going to get the money from for the RI (the 2014 RI & seed capital cost them $985,111 and the 2015 placement and SPP $872,431 - ref 2015 Annual report). If the RI does not get away or does not raise a significant part (i.e ~50%) of the secured debt then I suspect the creditors will put VXL into liquidation and any subscriptions to the RI lost.

Always be aware that once VXL is recapitalized $12m ($7m plant and $5m working capital) will need need to be raised, although I feel that with careful staging of the $7m plant capital it could be done for about $10m. A restructured VXL without secured and unsecured debt may be able to raise offtake finance for the $7m (particularly if they can get export credit guarantees).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VXL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.