SO4 0.00% 31.0¢ salt lake potash limited

What amazes me as an old analyst and miner is that we have two...

1. 196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 224
    What amazes me as an old analyst and miner is that we have two absolute disasters in the potash space in SO4 and KLL.
    Producing potash is not like mining iron ore which is a simple quarry.Sulphate of Potash in particular has to be a very specific grade and
    quality and neither company boasts any experience.Indeed,it has never been done before at scale in Australia.
    The banks are clearly not satisfied with conditions precedent being met which is why the loan funds,announced with much fanfare are clearly not flowing.Even if they do flow execution, in a timely manner, remains a very high risk in a greenfields setting.The only listed potash hopeful with experienced management is Davenport which is looking to develop a brownfields operation in Germany where they have been doing it for over 100 years in a well understood geological setting,proven process and with infrastructure and markets on their doorstep.The Davenport CEO, Chris Gilchrist, ran the UK potash mine for Anglo.I suspect he has forgotten more about the commodity than all the budding analysts have so far learned. .It is about time the mining analysts covering these stocks asked some hard questions of management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.