LRK 2.98% 81.5¢ lark distilling co. ltd

Hello - In reply to your observation that its all a bit...

1. 83 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Hello - In reply to your observation that its all a bit Irish....sorry to the Irish, for whom I have great admiration, I believe it is worth thinking about the following:

The Million Dollars put down into new make production, purchase of barrels, and laying down product to mature will return a likely 10 X uplift at full maturity. The 900K sales referred to probably cost around 90 to 100K to put down originally, plus time to mature, keep insured, and watched over for leakage, maturity, and to man the stills in the interim to keep on laying down new-make spirit to mature.

The whole, process is severely capital intensive in the first ten years or so, and it requires dedicated, ongoing investment to grow into a profitable company. This company has always valued its stock on balance sheet at cost, and there lies the beauty of it - In actuality, the stock at maturation is worth not the bare cost of $10.00 to $20.00 a litre, (add capital invested, P/E, etc) but many increments higher,

(IE $300.00 - $400.00 litre on sale and profit is realised at full maturity and sale with excise and tax payable - Limited release $1000.00? = $2000.00 litre equivalent........?)

It is only recently that the board has started disclosing the value of matured stock sales potential, and in my opinion, this is what has opened the eyes of institutional investors to the potential profitability fo a product that is in ever increasing worldwide demand.

Ever seen a licence to print money? In my Opinion, this is one of them, with the necessary history, credibility, experience, investors, and capital required to grow and realise Bill and Lyns dream.

Ultimately, I have little doubt that this company will make great profits for shareholders, and (probably unfortunately) be the subject of a take-over bid from one of the majors, once Lark hits critical mass in terms of stock on hand, turnover, ranging, market penetration, and profitabilty. A comparison of other company's taken over indicates this would also be highly profitable to shareholders, but such a shame to see a Tasmanian/Australian business become another part of an international conglomerate.

Not to say there may not be a hiccup along the way, like a major market correction, but given the great majority of shares are held by top 20 and initial private syndicate investors, even this would be mitigated in the face of the market correction.

Have a look at the significant share-holders. Anyone ever thought that Bruce Neill might know how to grow a small business and take it international (Bellamys and others), or that the bloke who used to be a wine-maker for Great Western, now the owner of Seppeltsfield, and holder of one fo the largest land- holdings of vineyards in Australia, Warren Randall, might know what they're doing?

Add in the CEO who has invested Millions into the company he runs (works for), significant Hong Kong company in the liquor space, represented by Laurent Ly, some large Institutional Investors on board recently, and the ex chariman of Treasury Wine Estates as Board chair.

Do I hold shares? Oh Yes.

Am I bullish on this company, and the people, and spectacular product and provenance behind it? Yes.

Am I Bill Lark? No....Just a committed and enthusiastic investor who thinks he knows a good thing when it jumps up and bites him.

All in my opinion only. Have a read of all the company and investor reports, and look at that chart, stepping its way ever higher, slowly and continually with gentle pull-backs to consolidate.

Regards to fellow share-holders. Time for a dram. Slainte'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.5¢
Change
-0.025(2.98%)
Mkt cap ! $63.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.5¢ 83.5¢ 81.5¢ $47.11K 57.08K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9227 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.0¢ 2962 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.52am 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.