SYR 3.17% 32.5¢ syrah resources limited

Ann: March 2023 Quarterly Activities Presentation, page-51

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 871
    Agree BGI. In the medium to long term the fundamentals haven't changed.

I don't know what to make of what is happening in the Chinese markets atm in regards to time frames. Unsure whether it will take 3 or 6 months for demand for natural to turn around. The synthetic equation has muddied the waters. I was hoping Balama would be cash positive last qtr but orders dried up. The reason the SP was dropping before the quarterly came out is because anyone with a subscription to Asian Metals would have already known what the Chinese imports of graphite was for the quarter. 90% of imports come from SYR.

What I do know is EV sales are still increasing. SYR needs sales in the West to pick-up where demand for natural graphite in batteries is higher. Looks like VW had issues in the 1st qtr with production. The increased demand for BEV's over PHEV's continues since subsidies of PHEV's stopped at the end of the year. Especially in the luxury brands of BMW and Mercedes.

The completion of the 1st expansion of Vidalia is only 2-3 months away. Money from the DOE loan is flowing through which will pay for the rest of the completion taking pressure off SYR's own cash balances. The question is how fast can they calibrate the equipment to spec for sales to Tesla to begin and then start building the 2nd expansion to 45kt. The US govt wants it built and fully understands what problems the short term hiccup in battery raw materials demand in China is causing globally.

I share your frustrations @tradingplus58. It sucks. However, the SP will quickly pick-up once demand increases again. At least there will be no pandemic or shipping supply issues once it does. SYR will be ready to take full advantage. It's not if but when. The solar farm once operational will take some pressure off C1 costs in the mean time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $336.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.5¢ 31.5¢ $1.380M 4.243M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 126793 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.0¢ 209602 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.