BCN 3.85% 2.7¢ beacon minerals limited

Ann: March 2023 Quarterly Activities Report, page-44

1. 33,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1763
    When you are saying hard rock , I am guessing you are meaning sulphide fresh rock , before they mine that they will I guess mine transition rock , which is partially weathered , and will indicate how the crusher will perform .
    I am guessing they can crush at a coarser P80 to keep tonnage up , but that then puts more strain on the SAG mill .
    Being a mobile plant they can always switch it out for a bigger one or bring in an extra plant which is what SLR did when it started back up Daisy Milano about 18 years ago if I recall after taking over from Perilya .
    Personally I do not see a crusher ever being a deal breaker in comminution as easy to bring in another , its normally the mills that are an issue .
    Interestingly the company uses a SAG mill (semi autogenous grinding ) and counter intuitively harder ore tends to lower the Bond working index (the amount of energy needed to grind) as being semi autogenous it is not only ball bearings (media) as in in ball mills that does the grinding but also the harder ore acts like little hammers smashing up the smaller pieces of rock

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.