SMR 2.06% $3.97 stanmore resources limited

Given we're now in May, allowing SMR to explore...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Given we're now in May, allowing SMR to explore financing/refinancing options away from the original BHP acquisition facilities, and that company has entered a strong net cash position, it seems like a relevant time to discuss future options, especially as there are quite a few coal mines up for sale at the moment.

In my limited reading, I've seen Kestrel by EMR, the 5 Anglo mines ie Capcoal, Grosvenor etc, and Olive Downs by Pembroke being touted as up for sale. For a company built on opportunistic acquisitions, but with growth options at Issac South/UG, Eagle Downs and Lancewood, there seem a smorgasbord of potential investments.

Personally, I'd like to see them pick up Olive Downs, with its potential synergies with ED, massive production profile and more right sized cost. It seems like it may be a good time to buy as other competitors are digesting there own acquisitions (Glencore, Whc), have FIRB restrictions (yal), or may be more enticed by the other sales. On the other hand, this amount of M&A may indicate a market top.

What would you have SMR do?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.