SZL 0.00% $24.35 sezzle inc.

Max Levchin was more upbeat in commentary this quarter and...

1. 3,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 540
    Max Levchin was more upbeat in commentary this quarter and Affirm is showing slightly improving metrics. Comparing March 2023 to December 2022 quarter shows a reduction in revenue of about $20m as you'd expect but an improvement in operating loss of about $50m. Still a $310m loss for the quarter is insane. There's still clearly an appetite for Affirm / bnpl on the NASDAQ as buyers pushed the price up ~33% in the run-up to results and it held that value post-results. Good for Sezzle? Yeah,I reckon Sezzle might be seen as having more potential and ultimately even an acquisition target of Affirm plus others, but I'd prefer to see how far Sezzle can take things alone for a little while.

I don't think Tues will show too many surprises, just a neat looking set of results, small profit for the quarter, improving balance sheet all round (liquidity, net asset position, etc). Might get an April trading update at the same time. Lots going on this week and next with the reverse split due to take place too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.