CBA 0.41% $133.14 commonwealth bank of australia.

That's a fair enough point you make, if of course a dividend is...

1. 1,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    That's a fair enough point you make, if of course a dividend is a high priority to you.
    "getting decent return on my money ontop of capital growth"
    That sounds a lot like having your cake, and eating it too, which seems a big ask, given the nature of what has just gone down globally.

What I was trying to highlight is that the long-term overall capital growth to me is the most important underlying factor here. Should we forfeit, or even defer a dividend this time around (certainly won't be the only stock doing so) I don't put that down to necessarily a weak investment, but rather a responsible management decision made with foresight and planning for a once in a century pandemic, which is going to have far greater consequences for those companies that make a snap decision to please shareholders in the short term.

I suppose, in summary what I am saying is that I am so far, very happy with the CBA boardroom thus far and I think once the dust settles, we will be on a steady upward trajectory for the mid-long term, of course- all just my observation and opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.