WGX 1.76% $2.31 westgold resources limited.

Macro economically gold is in a great position, will WGX dip...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Macro economically gold is in a great position, will WGX dip below $2? Well if the institutions want it to, then it will. Not that it'll matter in the long run, unless the company is going into the toilet then it really does not matter if shorters are shorting. It's can actually be taken as a good sign that their are so many institutions interested in WGX, if they push it down to cheap prices by shorting they most likely will end the shorts at a certain point and buy in at dirt cheap prices.

The only issue I see with shorters is do they know something we don't? Does WGX or KRR have some skeletons in the closet?? Why exactly are shorters choosing to short an unhedged gold mining company when POG is basically stabilising at an ATH with more room to run?

If they do have issues hidden, can those issues take down the whole company? I mean shorts were initially created to make money on companies that made no money and were going to become insolvent, a way to trade companies on the way down instead of the traditional way.

Pretty sure that WGX is fine as a company and not facing insolvency so let shorters do what they want, I'm pretty sure all of the shorts would be otm by like 2.32? Something like that can't be bothered to math it again. You can check the dates yourself and cross reference prices if you're concerned about it.
    Last edited by mergernotaTO: 01/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.31
Change
0.040(1.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.094B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.28 $2.34 $2.25 $13.04M 5.658M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 168106 $2.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.31 999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.30
  Change
0.040 ( 1.49 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.27 $2.34 $2.25 1383883
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.