SLR 0.32% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

Yeah, nah, don't agree groote with your fatalistic point of...

1. 361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143

Yeah, nah, don't agree groote with your fatalistic point of view, however it has it's benefits so don't necessarily want to change your view, cheers

i don't necessarily care that much as SLR is a small holding of mine but it would be a simple matter for shareholders to vote this down, particularly if retail shareholders were informed. We will get an independent expert report that will present a view that concludes "that the Scheme is fair and reasonable and therefore is in the best interests onf SLR shareholders". The Board will commission this report on our behalf and we will pay for the 100+ page of documents that will obfuscate the deal and how much it most definately is not in SLR shareholder interests.

I have never see a deal before where the proposed acquired company:
    1. is sold at a discount to market and
    2. has such a significant holding in the acquiring company and
    3. Has a much stronger balance sheet and
    4. Whilst having demonstrably stronger cash-flows and more diverse assets
    5. Only thing going for RED is it has a simple gold mine with 10+years of life, so what!? It's not unique and it's not a Tier One asset and there are no operational synergies either.

The deal is bizarre. If i read it in a piece of fiction I would think the writer poor for coming up with something so implausible.

I guess it's possible but i just dont únderstand how shareholders can vote this through, whether they are retail or institutional. There are so many better options for SLR and it's chest full of rapidly growing cash and bullion.
    Last edited by TazD: 09/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.57
Change
0.005(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $1.496B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.58 $1.59 $1.52 $37.38M 24.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 240000 $1.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.57 2465901 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.54
  Change
0.005 ( 0.65 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.58 $1.58 $1.52 2779039
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
SLR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.