SLR 0.94% $1.59 silver lake resources limited

Honestly I don't understand why people want to vote no... This...

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Honestly I don't understand why people want to vote no...

This is a MERGER not a TAKEOVER there is a huge fundamental difference between the two. I'm not sure if people don't understand what they are trying to do or what.

1. Why are people wanting a premium on a merger you are not selling the company, you are merging companies and receiving shares of the new company. The new company has higher value than each stand alone company. It is not a takeover offer why does there need to be a premium you are not being bought out you are MERGING.

2.If you are merging then I would think that premiums would only come in if the the SP are trading at vastly different prices which they are not... Slr is trading at the equivalent of .38 to Red5's .41

3.Fundamentally SP does not have to represent fair value to the stock or it's assets. There are many stocks that are undervalued or overvalued. SLR is worth what the SP says it's worth nothing more nothing less, fair value does not come into play despite what people may want. Lets say for example the instos are pushing for a merger and it fails; do you think the SP would rise or fall after a failed merger? If I had to guess I would say it would fall.

4.I'm going try to keep this simple but Red 5 has a mine with long life and low cash. Slr has alot of cash with short mine life. You slap those two together and what do you get? A company with long mine life and alot of cash. Each company is worth less as an individual than as a whole.

5.For SLR to get a long life gold mine without having to pay the costs of acquiring a new gold mine such as building one or taking over another company represents HUGE VALUE. Using a merger instead of a T/O seems to be a way to keep costs down and overall let the company become bigger as a whole.

6.Lets do a scenario here lets say SLR and RED5 merge. What now? Where do they go from here? They have a long mine life and alot of cash basically possibilities for growth are VERY HIGH they can do ALOT from this position.
    Now lets say SLR doesn't merge then what? Well SLR now has to find or build or buy a new long life mine and most likely deplete most of it's cash on hand to do so. Leaving them in a much worse state than if it merged. (free long life gold mine 0 cost we merge get free gold mine).
    As for Red 5 if they don't merge then they are now still cash flow low with a long mine life they will eventually hold a large amount of cash and they will be in SLR's current position where they have short mine life and alot of cash. In which case they will now be looking to find build or buy a new mine and deplete most of it's cash on hand...

6.Which leads me to this why is anyone even trying to push for the merger to fail? Is this just other companies that don't want these two companies to merge? I do not see why someone in SLR or RED would want to merger to fail. They are better as one company than as two... If they merge then as a single entity they have long mine life and lots of cash to expand in a gold bull market. At the end of the day this will increase the SP.

7. If instos want the merger to happen and it fails and the instos back out of stock SP falls.If the instos want the merger to happen and it happens then instos buy in SP rises? Basically if the merger fails it's cause y'all hate money or something you're not getting bought out you will just hold shares in a larger and more stable company with higher growth opportunities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.59
Change
-0.015(0.94%)
Mkt cap ! $1.481B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.57 $1.60 $1.57 $4.173M 2.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10149 $1.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.59 39618 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.59
  Change
-0.015 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.57 $1.60 $1.57 708430
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
SLR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.