OVT 33.3% 0.4¢ ovanti limited

"which we know thanks to the AG licence can be considered to be...

1. 2,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 289
    "Upon IOU paying the 2nd tranche and therefore owning 42% of the company, they will then quickly get a credit facility,"

They also have access to the customer database.
    "which we know thanks to the AG licence can be considered to be a pretty reliable source of profit."

The AG license gives them access to the pay packets of hundreds of thousands of gainfully employed Malaysians.

So it goes like this
    - Malaysian civil servant sets up an IOU account.
    - IDSB gets a percentage of each transaction done via wage garnishment. IOU gets some of this.
    - Additionally, IOU gets more back than they have lent since the merchant basically pays for the profit margin.

There are about 1.5 million people on the government payroll in Malaysia. I would suggest that, given their higher wages, they're also relatively high credit users. Tends to be how it goes.

The beauty of their business plan is they have a credit product that sounds moral, especially off the tail end of a significant government intervention in the credit market (ie, its 0% interest), it's convenient, and they're taking super low risks. They're not just focusing on just random users, they're spending cash to purchase a book and fund collection mechanism to lower their credit risk.

Other BNPL's may be able to offer wage garnishing, but then they have to go through ANGKASA or IDpay- who will charge them a fee.

IOU thus gains a significant competitive advantage.

And this isn't even how I think they want to make money, this is just part one. What they really want is more people to use digital banking and generate revenue from micro-fees.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.