FFR 0.00% 12.0¢ firefly resources limited

Ann: Marindi Expands Forrestania Lithium Project with Acquisition-MZN.AX, page-5

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    MZN - Just when you thought Mgmt had gone to sleep on lithium they turn around and pick up the Jewel tenement of the region... the extension of KDR Bountys Southern pegmantite strike above  and including the  old Rubelite Gem Pegmatite Mine.  Pretty Sure the KDR mgmt. would have wnted this piece of ground.

1.png

A few words about the old mine...

"...Gem grade pink tourmaline has been extracted from this site, however the pegmatite is intensely weathered. It is located 124 kilometres south of Southern Cross, in a gold and nickel mining region called Forrestania. The mine is presently (2012) leased by Fred Rose, who sells specimens from the mine on Ebay.

Kim Robinson accidently discovered the pegmatite while searching for nickel sometime between 1971 to 1976. Rubellite chips came up with the drill cuttings. He mined the site for tantalum in the early 1980's discovering the new species kimrobinsonite, which is an alteration mineral of stibiotantalite. During this time, about 200 kilograms of manganotantalite and microlite concentrates had been produced from approximately 3000 tonnes of ore. He also produced 1 400 carats of gem rubellite, and some of this was the finest gem-grade tourmaline produced in Western Australia. Mining ceased by the late 1980's and around 2000, the lease was purchased from Kim Robinson by Fred Rose, who has since conducted mining here for specimens.

The pegmatite is within a north trending greenstone belt, and both the greenstone and pegmatite are covered by a red-brown laterite layer. The pegmatite is 1-4 metres thick, dipping gently to the north, with a pit 75-150 metres long, 30-50 metres wide, and 18 metre deep, together with a small shaft near the north-western rim of the pit.  ..."
    Last edited by Freehold: 20/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.