PV1 2.86% 3.4¢ provaris energy ltd

From The Society of Petroleum Engineers' PetroWiki website; 'As...

1. 3,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 318
    From The Society of Petroleum Engineers' PetroWiki website;

'As with all new technologies that are not commercialized, CNG faces the first-adopter syndrome. It has been difficult to put a project together that is financially attractive and at the same time not too large to be considered too risky to be the “first mover.” '

http://petrowiki.org/Compressed_natural_gas_(CNG)

Exactly the scenario that came nervously to mind over the many years I've held LNG. The fact that their OSMR technology was untested commercially. Ironically it has been Meridian (only) who several times committed to a smallish BTA, with LNG. Yet by their being prepared to be "first-movers" with committing to an offtake with OSMR hasn't helped flush out a second and a third over at Magnolia.

So the ??? are in my mind here too with Maurice's latest venture, (GEV); whether the owners of stranded gas, together with potential offtakers, (other than Port Meridian itself), will sign in a leap of faith sufficient to get GEV to financial close, and commence building SeaNG Optimum class transport ships.

Meridian's proposed plant off the UK west coast appears to me to be flexible enough that it will take either compressed or liquified, however to build a floating regasification plant would rather defeat the benefit of setting up for the much cheaper process of receiving CNG at all wouldn't it?

Or is it technically feasible to couple your CNG vessel up to the same discharge facility and pump CNG through the same lines as a previous LNG tanker, of course by-passing the re-gasification process?

In which case maybe Meridian will keep their BTA with LNG Ltd a little longer.....
    ...and Frank, I'm not sure Cap'n Brand was ever properly retired as such. More like temporarily marooned after being cast adrift from his LNG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $20.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.7¢ 3.3¢ $20.7K 590.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9948 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 321362 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.86 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ 228898
Last updated 15.53pm 28/03/2024 ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.