AMI 2.94% 17.5¢ aurelia metals limited

Ann: Market speculation, page-73

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44

I got my old man to buy a reasonable amount of AMI shares at $0.78 a few months back. Being new to gold and investing in resources/commodities I have been somewhat shocked by the sudden deterioration in the share price since mid March. It seems many here have been also. One thing that I've read I think in only a few posts is this. If you check the substantial shareholder notices released by the ASX you can see almost all the substantial shareholders went for the door in a short space of time...

22/2 Australia Super went insubstantial
    4/3 Glencore went insubstantial
    11/3 Eley Griffiths went insubstantial
    3/4 Vinva Asset Management went insubstantial

I cannot tell what has precipitated this exodus of institutions from the register. I can only suggest that in possible follow up earnings results discussions that the fundies had with management that mgt has informed the fundies that spooked them. If something has indeed spooked them that is price sensitive and non public the fundies shouldn't be trading on it. And the company shouldn't have disclosed it without first also releasing it to the ENTIRE market!!!

Good to see the share price back in positive territory. But I'd love to see an answer arise out of this question on why and how the share price tanked so hard so quickly. I know a gun CEO doesn't help and possible talk of an overpriced acquisition neither. But looks like we're all still in the dark!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.