ARB 1.43% $41.32 arb corporation limited.

Ann: Market update-ARB.AX, page-9

1. 16,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8315
    Regarding your "sentimemt", is this a hang over from earlier posts, or is this your current sentiment?

Sorry, I'm not very vigilant in terms of sentiment precision. I guess my notion of BUY, HOLD and SELL is a bit different to the conventional HotCopper usage.

I think that ARB is a fine business to own, and will continue to be so for the next 20 years (I'm serious!). So if I only came across the company for the first time today I would certainly initiate debut ownership of the business.

But I'm personally not buying any more to add to my happy holdings.

But that's not because I don't like the company or its valuation; it's just that I have enough shares; it is one of my largest holdings.

I just took the liberty of checking in my spreadsheet: I tend to buy ARB shares every 18 months, one average, either because the stock price hiccups for whatever reason, or because I find I have a buildup of surplus capital (from dividends or, like now, the result of a share buyback... in this case CTX. Or an inheritance from an old aunt. But, I'm still waiting for one of those!)

I've changed my sentiment to HOLD, to better reflect my very actions, as opposed to my thinking.

By the way, my favourite places in Croatia were the town of Rovinj and the national park of Plitvic? Dubrovnik was impressive too, but far too many tourists!

My wife simply luuuurved the lakes.
    Me and my teenage boys: Uh, yeah. We thought the lakes were...sorta...nice.

We stayed with a farmer/landowner in Plitvice who had to re-build his homestead from scratch once he returned after the war. It was completely razed to the ground. Puts some context around me cracking the shucks when my cappuccino is not hot enough.

Like you, I find that too many cruise ships visiting over the years has left Dubrovnik too souvenir-dense and too slick for my liking, pretty and historical though the place is.

I far preferred talking with some of the nuggety folk who frequent the gritty backstreets of Zagreb.

Darn, I missed out on Rovinj. I also went to Venice, which I now see is just a ferry ride from Rovinj. I should have done it that way.

I thought I had optimised my itinerary. You've just you spoilt my trip .

(I think that's the first emoticon-thingy I've ever used on HotCopper)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$41.32
Change
-0.600(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $3.401B
Open High Low Value Volume
$41.92 $41.95 $41.06 $4.443M 107.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 486 $41.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$41.32 207 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.