GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING REPORT (SC, page-54

1. 325 Posts.
    re: Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING RE... Russellj

I do work long hours. But you're wrong in suggesting I'm in a strong financial position. I have no overheads what so ever in the Mainstream sense. But I live in a culture where you indicate wealth by dispersing it. I disperse much of what I earn amongst my extended family (and often don't like it, but I choose to live this way). I earn heaps, but I'm a week to week proposition. If you lived here towards the end of my pay cycle I'd probably be putting the bite on you.

I'm not saying money's not where it's at. In terms of the SH's and GR that is exactly where its at. You made it patently obvious last night on the SOS page, and I am assuming it was you, that for you money is very much where it's at. But it's not for the TO's.

May I suggset that when one does a good deed, the joy is in the giving, not the expectation of anything in return.
    And good intentions do in fact mean nothing. In our game, my wife and I, and that being Cross-Cultural Training (well it used to be), when somebody stuffs up at the cross-cultural interface, another might say, "but they mean well, they have good intentions" (and usually this applies to "do gooders")- o

ur reply is "well intentioned idiots are still idiots". Those usually stuffing up at the cross-cultural interface are "intuitive operators"- with the "I treat everybody the same" or "I know black fella's" syndrome. The fact is that it's really about "difference" and good operators seek training and learn about the differences, and learn to respect the legitimacey of the differences. Professionals in the game apply themselves with rigour in learning all this, and then because the differences are so profound, and sometime impeneterable they still stuff up from time to time...just like I still do from time to time.

I can't resile from what I'm about to post...GOT's ambitions, in my opinion, will result in environmental and cultural destruction. I personally can't accomodate that, and the TO's have made it abundantly clear that they won't either. And it's not me that refuses to point blank negotiate with GOT. That's the TO's decision, not mine...although I agree with them.

What is there to negotiate? In my opinion there's no "win win". All I can suggest is that you either read, or re-read, the TO's letter to CM Henderson...it's a claer statement of their position and their intent.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.