GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING REPORT (SC, page-63

1. 325 Posts.
    re: Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING RE... Be that as it may Blackjack2010, but the TO's appear determined in their resolve.

Human nature: I would argue that all too often what we accept is human nature is cultural boundedness ie, concepts and emotions determined by the culture in which grow up. I'd even argue that what we in the Mainstream consider primal emotions like "love" and "jealousy" for example, are culturally bounded.

You are again articulating the "everybody has their price" argument. The TO's here seem addicted totheir "recipocracy and obligation" caper (which is in effect giving and receiving according to rules). Resource shifting in their culture is much different from what you appear to believe is the "every body has their price" as an imperative which constitutes an element of "human nature".

Interesting that you should compare the the possible obliteration of a Ceremonial Culture, the most enduring and ancient on earth in terms of practice, to the diasappearance of a species of frog from the site of Sydney Olympic Stadium when it was built. Don't get me wrong I'm not demonising you for it or holding it against you or anything...probably because you wrote something nice about me in your post. But it is indicative of a reasonably common mind set that sees Aboriginal World views, cultural precepts and practice as disposable in the name of "progress". (Christ you are making me work hard Blackjack2010)

I think that one thing you and a number of other posters are, in my opinion, forgetting is that GOT's ambitions are far removed from something like staging the Olympic Games. They constitute one of the most radical mining "Projects" (conceptual at his stage obviously) in the history of the nation.

The Groote Eylandters don't appear to be intimidated by any of the potential processes they must go through in defending their culture and the seascape in question. Our intention, in any case, is to hire the best legal minds in the Land...now in terms of that process I'd have to say that the legal fraternity sure has it's price, and from the quotes we're getting it sure aint cheap.

With SH's desperate for compromise I anticipate that your sort of argument will become more common. Sorry, but I just cannot see a compromise happening. The TO's seem to be determined that it's winner take all. They also see the letter to the Chief Minister posted to background Fluffynymph as the defining Landmark statement of their position. Iconic if you like to the point we're attempting to have it translated into Anindilyakwa (given lack of direct tranlation from Emglish to "language", a big bloody ask)and framed and exhibited in a prominent place and all that sort of stuff.

If things change re the TO's resolve not to negotiate I'll post here ASAP. And I won'tshy away from posting any news, decisions or information that might come my way in advance of say GR that are pro-GOT either. I enjoy speculation but in this dynamic it's all about confronting reality. Which is going well for the TO's at the moment, but might well change in the future.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.