GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING REPORT (SC, page-7

1. 325 Posts.
    re: Ann: MARKET UPDATE BATEMAN ENGINEERING RE... Clydebigdog

I have not met one TO either who has been emotionally equipped to deal with the dynamic unleashed by GOT's ambitions. Are only the sensibilities of SH's and company directors important here?

Re the Scoping Study Summary:

In my opinion it's basically hype and spin; more or less the written equiavalent of the promotional clip recently downloaded by Fluffynymph, a rosy future based on nothing much concrete and no mention of possible obstacles.

One of the potential seabed mining sites- that almost adjacently west of the mouth of the Angurugu River appears to be directly on, or very adjacent to "Concentrator Reef". Although with the quality of the map it's difficult to exactly pin point that. But it certainly appears to be in a very "reefy area".

The arrow indicating the approximate tidal flow is incorrect- tidal flow there runs south and north on most days.

In regards to Maria Island:

Maria Island falls under the duristiction of the Northern Land Council.

By Googling "Maria Island Native Title" one finds the Maria Island Regional Land Claim (Claim 198). Interesting to note that original application was lodged in 1983 and determination came in 2002.

The recommendations, and ultimately the determination, involving Maria Island gives Native Title over the inter-tidal zone as I understand it to a variety of family groups, including the Murrungun who have a Song Line originating on the Mainland and travelling to Groote on GR's granted tenements. That's based on my reading of the recommendations, subsequently adopted, and advice received from the Northern Land Council. This means that the TO's and the NLC must be consulted in regard to any activity occcuring on the inter tidal zone by, say, GR. And in regards to, say, constructing a port facility.

The NLC advised that two other mining companies are interested in basing themselves on Maria Island. The interest in Maria Island as bases for such companies probably/obviously revolves around the fact that island, excluding the inter-tidal, is held by the crown as "Crown Lease Perpetual" land.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.