SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Even the most mining friendly country in Africa - Tanzania -...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Even the most mining friendly country in Africa - Tanzania - doubled its royalties after a change of Government. Over my lifetime, I have made a list of companies and people, whom I would never invest in, or any company or business they are associated with. The BOD of SDL goes on that list too.

IMHO of course. If you invest in African based companies, you are taking one hell of a risk. Similarly but to a lesser degree South America, and then SE Asia. Thailand expropriated a Gold Mining lease recently, and the slimy Insurance Company - Zurich - reneged on payment of its Expropriation Policy.. But I do note, Zurich lost in court, and had to pay up. China is a total no go area for Australian companies. Most have lost money, ANZ and Fosters come to mind immediately. SDL was on my mining watchlist, but I rejected it, and bought BHP instead. (Staid boring but profitable)

So IMHO, that leaves Germany, France, Great Britain, Australia, and the USA. Any other country, only allocate capital you are prepared to lose. As they say in Spain. "Don't have all your Basques in one exit." (Eggs in one basket) Also don't get too greedy. I never dream of the great pie in the sky winner, as long as I make my wages each year/week/month, I am happy.

My sympathies guys/gals. May all your other investments be profitable....Marum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.