IRI 2.16% 94.5¢ integrated research limited

Ann: Market Update - Continuous Disclosure, page-82

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I read the transcript and I would rephrase the CEO's answer as follows:

"Customers moving to Teams/Zoom/Webex first use native monitoring tools, and we believe we'll upsell them to ours in future. The reason is that ours is better".

There is no explanation given of how/why its better. I think there is strong evidence that Prognosis is superior to native on-premise monitoring tools. Cisco's own support for Prognosis over its own tool is proof of this.

But there is a fundamental difference in the cloud. On-premise, the customer runs all the infrastructure; the servers, network cards, network, telephony devices, all the software that runs on this infrastructure. Prognosis pulls all of this information across many devices/nodes into a view that helps IT managers understand what's happening.

In the cloud, Zoom or Microsoft run all of this. Do they allow IRI visibility over every component of their network and infrastructure for the purpose of monitoring? I seriously doubt it. Maybe there is an API that gives them some access to limited data, but in no way would it collect as much information as on-premise. Plus imagine the huge amount of data IRI would have to pull from the cloud to monitor.

Until they can explain WHY their cloud monitoring tool is better than the native tool, I'm on the sidelines.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.020(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $165.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 97.0¢ 92.0¢ $260.2K 275.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 5269 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 32059 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.13pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.