ABV 5.48% 7.7¢ advanced braking technology ltd

Plough I hear what you are saying, trucks are more likely to...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 134 Posts.
    Plough I hear what you are saying, trucks are more likely to benefit from SIBS rather than cars. It is just that if the autonomous driving vehicles are driven / operated 24 hours a day, than the economics may change.

As far autonomous driven trucks, I may have not stated clearly as I did intend to include them and if the article below is an indication, autonomous trucks are on the horizon too. They definitely if being operated 24hours non-stop would benefit from SIBS,

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ks-completes-first-european-cross-border-trip

BTW thank you for the bit on service life in hybrids. As a taxi driver in Brisbane, I have seen the more improved brake performance going from Ford Falcons to the Toyota hybrid Camry and Prius. I was surprised that the hybrids were only getting 150,000 which for a taxi here is about 12 - 18 months worth. I thought it would be more and only adds to the economic benefit of SIBS. (service life of taxi 6 years or about 1,000,000kms - about 5/6 sets of brake pads and disc machining).

If the likes of Uber get their way and extend the service life of their vehicles beyond 6 years, well then I can them definitely interested in reducing brake maintenance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.