ABV 1.45% 7.0¢ advanced braking technology ltd

In reality the latest versions seem to be a single disk and...

1. 9,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 821
    In reality the latest versions seem to be a single disk and caliper in a oil jacket . the jacket doesn't have to be a stressed load bearing item . depends how they do it and what their patents cover exactly to stop the copycats and not to infringe on others patents. The larger version have the ability to have a oil cooler , external reservoir , pump etc for trucks or machines on long declines and extreme freezing weather for warm oil etc. The efficiency and consistency comes with temp control and oil spec used would exceed all usual operating conditions and would possibly be a single grade or like auto transmission oil . I have the specs somewhere am writing this from memory. Even the old bakelite took huge temp just not flame and so many new so called plastics are inert from just about every chemical and heat beyond what metals can and thinner and lighter yet more resilient . The oil bath transmits the heat away from the area faster than air would so the peak heat cycles are significantly reduced so reduced wear and consistent brake performance with a massive increase in surface area to dissipate that heat along with the whole heat sink properties of wheels and axles all add up

I want firm forward orders for a particular vehicle to justify any expenditure on any design modifications not just a shotgun approach of them saying we will supply 10 different models . I expect the core internal components are all the same and so are the consumables but there is always efficiency inn scale and only stocking one case. Seems like they are just attracting hollow distribution agreements to raise cash when IMO what they really need is a a purchase order for a vehicle before they manufacture for the next vehicle and that alone may suggest to mines to buy the ranger as a braking solution exists off the shelf. Any cash flow is being burnt in developing solutions for vehicles with a model life of 5 years and I know modern prototyping and individual production is getting faster and more efficient but i'd rather them concentrate on a couple of models and get some sales. Until they get direction and I see costs burnt in what i call shotgun approach i'll watch from the sides..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.