CIO 0.00% 1.8¢ connected io limited

Ann: Market Update Presentation, page-48

1. 7,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    He is referring to Jason, our legacy director from the old mining shell. For those who for some reason are unaware of these links they are as follows:

TSL a typical mining shell. If their acquisition comes off then could be a very significant project. Sure they have been stuffed around for a few years now by the vendor who has been proving up and extending the resource , no doubt to raise the price. They have decided that the resource is so large that it is worth trying to bring the deal to a head. Recent anns suggest it is finally close. If it comes off price will rocket. He is only a non-exec anyway.

DGX another where a non-exec. Family property development company which was a victim of the property market collapse in WA. He seems to have been an outsider to some extent. I have given him the benefit of the doubt regarding his knowledge of the family based corruption that has come out since that ones demise. He doesn't seem to have been dragged in to the criminal charges that have ensued.

And would someone please explain Hunters business model to me. They raise at a price to their clients and take options exercisable at a premium to raise price as part of their charges. They then apparently trash the price so their clients lose their money and their options are worthless. Is it that people are blaming them because unpolishable turds need to raise as well? Or would people rather they pumped the stock so their clients could distribute at a profit to unsuspecting retailers?

CR's in specs are inherently risky to participate in ( as opposed to IPO's where there is usually a stag). That risk is that the price has been pumped for the raise and hence they tend to use tight stops. I suppose if this is your concern the proper question is why did the price of CIO rise. Was it due to fluff or was it a response to their business development and improved financials? In this case my belief is it is the latter.

I know that in NUH they handled a CR at 8c and the price then suffered. A lot of people were blaming them for the sp action both before and after the raise. However when the broker figures were examined the problem was a top 20 seller selling 20m and Hunter's had sold very little. Not saying they are perfect but they are all sharks.

I dont want to get into other stocks but surely THD's problems began with the release of their uninspiring product to the Apple Store on the 9/5. Just mo as always.
    Last edited by herbalist: 02/09/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.