ABV 1.82% 5.6¢ advanced braking technology ltd

Ann: Market Update - Terra Dura Update, page-11

1. 9,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 794
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I am a bit surprised at how good the ride is getting - they really are sorting out the dynamics , ergonomics compared to years ago and not resorting to fancy airbags or electronics in some cases. Slinging side , undertray boxes all sounds good but only if they are full and it doesn't raise tray even higher changing center of gravity even more . Then those undertray boxes need to not limit ramp over, approach and departure angles etc so it is still usefull , durable when in terrible terrain. Fold down and inbuilt steps for RFS all help if they design it right. Yeah I like the simplicity of low trays and lower center of gravity being honest with all the OH&S these days they are all headed to bigger often less nimble vehicles with fire suppression etc etc where money allows .

To think the weights we loaded and the loads we towed back in the day. But there was common sense we towed and drove at low speeds as we didn't want the mechanical failures / maintenance and knew the dangers of limited brake capacity

In regards to the cruiser
    It is the extra 100kg here and there that put you over axle capacity very quickly

Standard cab chassis weights - that is a fat kerb weight when you consider no tray, no roll bar , no towbar, no engine guards , no steps, no radios, lights racks etc etc. .

If it is a fire vehicle then water tank capacity is bugger all but yes services have run em overloaded for decades IMO

Weights Standard
    1 - Approximate kerb weight* (kg) 2180
    2 - Gross vehicle mass * (kg) 3400
    3 - Gross combination mass * (kg) 6900
    4 - Approximate tare weight* (kg) 2090
    5 - Gross trailer weight braked * (kg) 3500
    6 - Gross trailer weight unbraked * (kg) 750

Lovells do a second stage manufacturing upgrade for suspension but it doesn't change axle load specs

http://www.bamgarage.com/accessories/suspension-gvm/

When you work backwards the numbers get real tight real quick and with mine site vehicles and OH&S now requiring road legal vehicles on site for insurance it is not easy

The problems are regularly now highlighted in recreational use where a lap of the country can quickly turn out a problem with a overloaded vehicle with all the fruit on it.

https://www.4x4australia.com.au/gear/1607/4x4-vehicle-loading-and-gvm-explained

Have a great Chrissy and new year to you and your family and that goes to all the other genuine posters who contribute .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.001(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $21.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.6¢ $5 97

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 94890 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 384285 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.