OPG 0.00% 43.5¢ opus group limited

I wonder if there is going to be a large capital raising here....

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    I wonder if there is going to be a large capital raising here. The last ANN said that the Board continues to assess the capital structure of OPG, and whenever a company even mentions their financiers in an ANN, it is problematic.

OPG has 65% debt ratio (at $63m debt), but maybe even more with this new loan. It has negative earnings by a large margin. The market may be reacting to the new loan, which it hates- yes, Ocker- it may be usury, but unfortunately, usury is a moral term, and the market isn't very moral.

The assets sales won't occur until late March/April, so OPG is still clouded with debt. Until a raising occurs, there seems no need to rush in to this one. If it is like SYM/PTL (I own that share, but I certainly am not recommending to buy!) it raised loads of cash, but at rock bottom prices, and now owes as much as its market cap. That could be a much better outcome for OPG than its current situation. SYM also got $10m of debt forgiveness, so it must have been very close to being on its last legs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.