IMS 0.00% 69.0¢ impelus limited

Ann: Market Update, page-318

1. 1,485 Posts.
    Few articles and comments here regarding the move from one to two stage transaction. If this is the case for the 50% sell off, then I am amazed. I am confident that this legislation change is no surprise to DCB businesses and shouldn't be for investors either.

DCB is not new, these types of hurdles have been present for at least 15 years.

The market in Aus will consolidate. The industry will purge the rubbish. Consumers will continue with the mobile spend trend.

Content vs quality license fees will fall, the cost, in per action marketing will fall until these external marketing partners can prove the desired "action".

MBE have responded well. Margin has been reduced, so they have reduced spend until those "channels" are re-aligned and appropriate conversion is restored.

The big thing missed here is that the Aus marketing spend which I assume was material will simply go to the market that IS seeing desirable conversion rates.

These are rinse and repeat businesses. Lead times on marketing spend are short. They always find a way around changes. In the mid term I see it strengthening the publicly listed (hint, hint) tier 2 DCB businesses.

These boys are not asleep at the wheel. Has anyone thought about this legislation change in terms of competition?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.