PCK 3.57% 2.7¢ painchek ltd

Thanks Umi, Perhaps you could point out my errors? Just to get...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    Thanks Umi,

Perhaps you could point out my errors?

Just to get you started on why I came to some of the conclusions in my last post I copied the following.

NViso website has a really good white paper outlining the history of all this back to Darwin. It is a really interesting read. Fascinating stuff.
    http://www.nviso.ch/assets/pdf/nViso_AMSRS_2011_3D_Facial_Imaging_Best_Presentation_Award.pdf

From the prospectus
    1. ePAT has filed an international PCT patent application consisting of a number of claims based around methods for determining the effect of treating pain with drugs, by capturing and processing visible and audible features of the person including facial features. If granted, the patent is expected to provide protection from competitors using similar methods to monitor the effectiveness of treatment of pain using drugs, although not the effectiveness of using alternative remedies such as massage. A granted patent would not prevent a competitor from using facial assessment technology to initially detect pain, but ePAT believes that ongoing monitoring of pain is a significant market requirement.

And
      1. nViso licences

ePAT contracted a third party technology company, nViso, to develop prototype mobile Android pain detection applications for Dementia and Children incorporating nViso’s proprietary facial detection technology. Further, it contracted nViso to develop Apple iOS based SDKs to allow iOS versions of the applications to be developed. ePAT owns the resulting applications, and has licensed the use of the underlying facial detection technology from nViso for this purpose. The current nViso license is a non-exclusive, worldwide right to use this technology for pain assessment in children and adults for a period of 5 years expiring on 26 September 2019. ePAT is obliged to pay nViso a royalty based on revenues derived from sales of these applications.

nViso has agreed not to develop a similar application for pain assessment for a third party for a period of 5 years expiring on 26 September 2020, subject to ePAT continuing to pay support and maintenance fees, and undertaking reasonable commercial efforts to achieve placement of the ePAT App on the Apple Store or the Google Play store by 26 September 2017 or otherwise generate revenue of $120,000 (on which royalties are paid) by this date. If this condition is not met, nViso may licence its technology to, and develop a competing application for, others. A competitor could independently license nViso’s facial detection technology or another company’s technology and develop its own pain assessment applications.

From the web (other groups using facial coding for pain in children-Published work)
    http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20150627/MAGAZINE/306279948

From the company announcement June 16 -
    1. ePAT chief executive officer Professor Jeff Hughes said other means of detecting pain would also be used for younger children, particularly infants, who were too difficult to console and which would make facial recognition impossible.

Look forward to reading your thoughts.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $44.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $55.36K 1.977M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 219510 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 91030 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.