SHM 0.68% 73.0¢ shriro holdings limited

Yes sprite, something doesn't add up. From the quote (citation...

1. 2,749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    Yes sprite, something doesn't add up.

From the quote (citation needed) you posted:

"INCREASED shipments," caps mine. That's a good thing. SHM are shipping, and are optimistic they'll have to ship MORE.

From your post:

This all means that any order SHM receive now will arrive by the end of the USA BBQ season, ie arrive with retailers by the time the BBQ season has ended.

Are you suggesting SHM receives its US orders via "Slowboat to China?" And then...

I believe that these guys produce the Heston range to order.  The order process would mean that the customer makes the order, the factory makes the BBQ and then it’s sea freighted to the client.  This would have to take an absolute minimum of 3 months and more likely 4.

So, the retailer has ZERO bbqs in stock (maybe one floor model for display) orders one at a time and the one is dipatched via Slowboat to NA. Shocking! No one at SHM has a clue to the meaning of "supply chain!" To add further insult:

The USA BBQ season is about to kick off with Memorial Day 28 May. The big BBQ comps kick off with Memphis in May also now.

Darn you SHM!! A) Buy a calendar. B) Learn to read it. C) Sheeeeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhhhhh...

sprite then posts, "101....." How covefe of you. Cogent analysis!

Your "How it works..." post is simply too condescending.

To quote paulie, "Can you point me to where Shriro say they build these to order.[?]"

To be clear, all kitchen appliances are not made equal; further, brands are not generic because they're designed by different teams. Hey stupidfish, do you have the same appliances that came with the place you live in? Ever heard of, "renovation" or the people who live in a place and then go and buy an appliance? Therefore the connection between a "softening housing market" has a tenuous correlation with the kitchen appliance market. In fact one might say the real correlation may be that people looking to sell one day may UPgrade their kitchens and buy SHM. Also I have it on good authority that new Australians, of which there are tens of thousands a year, have a kitchen, need to eat (daily! some three times!!), and so have to prepare food.

Finally sprite:

adding margin ( and selling via multiple points, importer, wholesaler, and retailer) is yesterday’s game for now virtual commodity items. I agree that the Amazon trumps all thing is often overdone, but that is not what we are talking about here.

Jeff Bezos said, "Your margin is my opportunity is my opportunity." He was talking about the retailer, eg. HVN, JBH. AMZN are an on-line retailer, not a manufacturer. Therefore they cut a deal with SHM, leaving SHM as the maser of its margin, volume discounts included.

I'll thank you in advance for the supply chain links, and I just gotta see the factory that makes ALL the kitchen appliances in the world!!

Well, my handy Casio tells  me I must leave.

OV

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
73.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $70.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
72.5¢ 73.0¢ 72.5¢ $4.625K 6.379K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 9432 72.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
74.0¢ 15000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.