WGX 5.56% $3.04 westgold resources limited.

Hey Joel,with some time to reflect, the last 3-4 months in...

1. 11,915 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6578
    Hey Joel,
    with some time to reflect, the last 3-4 months in regards to WGX announcements now make perfect sense to me. They were laying the groundwork for hopefully, ensuring their share price was on a solid footing before making the offer for GCY.
    Production updates... new U/G mines coming into action. Dividend announced and paid... Also, to sort of 'refresh' the company, particularly with the dividend becoming a pivot point.

Fairly savvy now that I can look back at it. Pretty sure it's being driven by Debbie Fullarton (CEO).

I must admit, I have been fairly scathing of WGX, but.. I feel a lot of it was warranted. The recent mention that they were looking at putting more of their case into new areas of interest, made me think of AME (which is not in production nor will be for many years), however, the pivot to GCY is a very different proposition as GCY is instantly cash flow positive etc.

If WGX do indeed stick to their lower capex forecast, then... the simply numbers are going to be interesting to see at the end of FY22. WGX AIC will finally, come down from their stupidly high levels (largely due to Big Bell development).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.04
Change
0.160(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $2.867B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.91 $3.05 $2.91 $18.48M 6.138M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 127756 $3.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.04 6022 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.