CRN 0.00% $1.20 coronado global resources inc.

Lots going on for us here in Virginia.... Coronado Global...

1. 1,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Lots going on for us here in Virginia....

Coronado Global Resources creating 181 new jobs at Buchanan Mine Complex
    by Ashley Hoak
    Saturday, December 17th 2022

Coronado Global Resources creating 181 new jobs at Buchanan Mine Complex

BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. (WCYB) — A leading international producer of high-quality metallurgical coal is expanding in Buchanan County.
    Gov. Glenn Youngkin was on hand Friday, to celebrate the announcement with Coronado Global Resources.

"This is a big day," said Youngkin. "$169 million investment, 181 high paying jobs, and this is the kind of announcement that makes me so pleased that you all hired me to be governor, so thank you."

Coronado officials say this effort will increase capacity at its Buchanan Mine Complex, and help meet growing demand.

"It'll maintain and improve our position as the premier metallurgical producer for the export market, and that's very important," said Gerry Spindler, CEO of Coronado Global Resources.

Spindler adds this expansion has been in the works for roughly two to three years.

"This has been a collaborative effort with lots of people involved, and that's what it takes to deliver a vision into reality," said Youngkin. "I just want to thank Coronado for this great opportunity for Southwest Virginia, for Virginia and for our nation."

Youngkin also took part in what he dubbed the deepest ribbon-cutting in Virginia, 1,819 feet underground in the Buchanan Mine Complex, starting with a four-and-a-half-minute descent by elevator.

Coronado Global Resources creating 181 new jobs at Buchanan Mine Complex (Photo Credit: Tarah Kesterson)

"It's a tremendous day for Buchanan, tremendous day for us, we are very pleased to have the ceremony here, very pleased for the governor to be here," said Spindler.

In an area ravaged by floods, Youngkin adds this will provide an economic boost.

"It means a ton to everyone, and you look back, particularly on the floods that we've experienced the last two summers, the real disaster that so many folks have had to deal with, and to see these jobs coming is so exciting," said Youngkin.

The Buchanan Mine Complex is the largest metallurgical coal mine in Virginia.
    Last edited by Harlan: 19/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.20
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.011B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.21 $1.23 $1.20 $3.450M 2.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 57682 $1.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 16598 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.21
  Change
0.000 ( 0.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.22 $1.22 $1.20 792502
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
CRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.