3DP 1.64% 3.0¢ pointerra limited

Agree the market does not seem to be highly upbeat on the...

1. 141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88

Agree the market does not seem to be highly upbeat on the announcement. This is a reflection of the overall market sentiment where risk-taking, particularly with spec companies is definitely taking a breather. Either the return of momentum traders or take-up by institutional investors will push the share price higher, which I believe is only a matter of time.

For me the announcement is a game-changer. It has removed any trace of uncertainty I had with Pointerra. There are three important takeaways from the announcement:

1. ETR is the one big material announcement we all have been waiting for since the PG&N and EverSource negotiations. Its show how large individual contract could get. Granted, not all of the current contract amount is going towards ACV, the expectation is the ACV contribution from ETR will be even larger when the service is rolled out to all business units. I am expecting similar large contract awards from other utilities in the future. The recent devastation caused by hurricanes and tornadoes will only speed up the intake.

2. As noted by @SuperWealthy, the speed at which ETR was onboarded is noteworthy. This is a reflection of the readiness of our product to meet the requirements of the utility sector. This has been a relatively long process. But with their experiences from PG&E and EverSource, the company is in a much better space to land material contracts in a short period of time.

3. The comments in the outlook section suggest that the company is relatively happy with their position in the utility sector and now are focussing on other sectors, which the company believes to be equally big. Biden’s infrastructure bill is only going to provide further impetus to all these other sectors to take up services like what Pointerra has to offer.

Pointerra is by far my biggest holding and this announcement means I don’t have to look at the stock price on a daily basis. While the current market sentiment does not bode too well, I am happy to ride this volatility without much concern.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $24.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $6.211K 207.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 1796119 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 280737 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.