FGL 2.17% 4.7¢ frugl group limited

Ann: Material Speed Performance & Data Savings Testing Results-WGL.AX, page-266

1. 2,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    I'm not sure if anyone eles saw any significance in this but..

Around the world DSL is still common in many countries and won't be obsolete for awhile in others.

The testing results for DSL is astounding to say the least. Curious to test it out to see whether it shapes up in real world testing.
    If yes.. i might as well do all my  large downloading from my phone  with the app when connected to wifi  given i'm stuck on Optus theoretical speeds of upto 20Mbps (i usually get about 12Mbps and i know people that experience worst  due to distance from exchange).

Assuming they were actually using SDSL (similar speeds to ADSL except SDSL have symmetrical upload and download speeds )  and not SHDSL (the higher speed variant of SDSL), this is quiet an impressive jump when comparing it to the Fibre results in their table (assuming they have used HFC - cable)

Will obviously be different with NBN rolling out very very  slowly lately but The 2011  Australian census specifies:
    • The most common types of broadband connections were: DSL (used by 62% of households with broadband internet access); mobile broadband (16%); and cable (11%).

Nbn  aims to have built all the infrastructure that enables all homes, businesses and communities across Australia to access high speed broadband by 2020. Even then, customers may need to consider whether the appropriate speed packs are included in their package as NBN speed caps can be as low as 12 Mbps.

But again, The Australian market alone is not their primary market in the LT, thinking about countries with dial-up and  ADSL connections that would need wangle.

One thing i  still can't figure the discrepancy between 3G and 4G  speeds after boost.. but guess we will find out soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.