MXQ 0.00% 2.3¢ max trust

The general plan was to sell the portfolio in 'buckets' of...

1. 4,510 Posts.
    The general plan was to sell the portfolio in 'buckets' of similar assets. That announcement today sold all of the residential and commercial mortgage backed securities (except for a NZ$ one that the Aust did not want).

No sale of the plane leases at all and only 1 financial security sold. There is a trading market for these securities so I expect they will sell soon enough.

Not that anything with a near maturity approaching will need to be sold. It can just mature and be repaid at par. May take a wee while but no need to waste money unnecessarily by selling at less than par.

I think the sale of the CDOs may be harder, but they are well written down already so hopefully this will not affect the NAV at all, but it may take a while.

Good to see that they have an open view to making distributions as they go along. 12 cents per unit is sitting there already but I think they will wait a little longer to see if anything else sells in the near future.

Now that the relationship with the lenders is about to finish, and there are also a lot less assets to be managed now, I wonder if a reduction in running costs is also on the cards.

Roll on distributions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MXQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.