WAM 0.00% $1.45 wam capital limited

Ann: May 2022 Investment Update, page-2

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    The Investment update reads like Panglossian make believe. It would have us believe all is well with Wilson stable of investment companies while their share prices continue to plummet. What is going on at Wilsons?

And, in the AFR today:
    There’s nothing that says English summer like Australian business types pulling on fancy clobber for the Royal Ascot-Wimbledon quinella. Stockpicker Geoff Wilson of Wilson Asset Management had more cause to dress up than most of his compatriots, as his partly owned Irish thoroughbred State of Rest, the winner of last year’s Cox Plate, won the £1 million ($1.76 million) Prince of Wales stakes last Wednesday.
    Geoff Wilson after his partly owned Irish four-year-old State of Rest won at Royal Ascot. From his dress he’s clearly not in Queensland.
    Then, on Saturday, Wilson was back at Ascot with legendary funds manager turned vintner and breeder Greg Perry as members of the huge syndicate that owns Artorius, which was unlucky to place only third in the Platinum Jubilee Stakes.
    “It’s surreal being here in top hat and tails, because I’ve never been in top hat and tails in my life,” Wilson said after State of Rest’s win, hamming it up just a little for local reporters.
    “I moved to Queensland and so I don’t usually wear any pants that go lower than the knees,” he said straightfaced. He could have said he wore underpants on his head and the Ascot media would have believed him.

Good on Geoff for bagging a win and a third place at Ascot. That said, I hope he is also working hard for shareholders behind the scenes in London and not just taking a break from stressful times. If the latter, with markets at home looking ever more greatly in disarray, he should hotfoot it back to Brisbane asap if he hasn't already. I think the optics are not all that unlike our former Prime Minister's holiday in Hawaii when the east coast was burning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.608B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.45 $1.45 $1.44 $633.2K 438.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 400802 $1.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 63872 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.44
  Change
0.000 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.45 $1.45 $1.44 262496
Last updated 12.44pm 17/06/2024 ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.