MBN 0.00% 8.3¢ mirabela nickel limited

Shake outs do not involve administrations and indefinite...

1. 1,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Shake outs do not involve administrations and indefinite suspensions. If there were to be a takeover, it will be at a substantially lower price than what it is now or they'll simply buy when it opens with a huge gap down. The mine if not profitable, look at the quarterly/half yearly/annual reports - MBN has never been cash flow positive operationally.

As for the number of jobs on the line, that means little when we've seen 30,000 jobs lost in matters of days with large corporate insolvencies like Lehman or Enron. The government is not going to bail anyone out. Administrations, even voluntary ones are options of last resort. If there weren't substantial problems with cash flow, we wont be here and there has never been a single company in recent history to arise from administration in a much better state than it was in before. Look at the previous 2 times MBN went into administration, and the share price following relisting, and you'll get an idea. Yes it might have spiked up from 2.9c to 16c, but it last traded in excess of 80c...

I've already written this off for now. Would be surprised to see any of my capital back if at all but again, this is why diversification is key. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best (which in this case will likely still mean sizeable losses) thats the right attitude to have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.