SYA 2.94% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

Ya I've always said the success of a business operating in a...

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Ya I've always said the success of a business operating in a Quebec Industry is directly related and measured by the ' coefficient ' of how many Quebecer's are reflected on it's BOD or across it's senior Management Team. Not much good it did Nemaska though.....which is when I actually made this " Quote "...biggrin.png

So despite the message of ' opportunities ' being communicated in the company's announcement yesterday , I do believe it is an uphill task in hoping that existing shareholders will take up their .008 rights simply to avoid further dilution. Because dilution can be see both dilution of upside share price potential , and further dilution of the ' non-existent ' finances. Remembering that as at 31 December we only had $408,000 left of our ' own ' monies from the prior capital raising. So inherent ' risks ' would clearly seem to outweigh immediate upside potential .

Having said all this , there are some great aspects going forward which I note will be fully dependent on how Quebec , or moreover Canada is able to weather itself through the COVID-19 economic storm. From what I can see , there is not much detail in the Quebec Budget regarding this - so how much of the plans below will be achievable in the shorter term , and / or how much of this will be pushed out as a result of this ' Massive ' health priority.

Nevertheless , here are some aspects pulled from the 2020 /21 Budget which would be considered well and truly over and above the C$90 million for critical and strategic minerals ( which isn't much ) mentioned yesterday.

So the government recognizes the climate emergency and knows that it needs to stepup its action in this regard. Here is some of my main takeaway's from the Quebec Budget , and in particular the specific amounts tied to these ' Climate Change ' initiatives......wink.png

— The first implementation plan for the framework policy therefore will be supportedby investments of more than $6.2 billion, effectively doubling the annual amountsgranted for fighting climate change under the 2013-2020 Climate Change ActionPlan

Apart from the Cap and Trade system on greenhouse gas emissions being introduced , there is many more aspects which cut across other proposed ' acts , regulations , and policies '
    To achieve its climate objectives and take stronger action on climate changeadaptation, the government is banking on the upcoming electrification and climatechange framework policy. The framework policy will be underpinned by:

— other acts, regulations, policies and actions of the Québec government to help fightclimate change, particularly in the transportation and industrial sectors.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2061/2061965-60163c1885410d38aa8297f53fefcc2b.jpg

The reduction potentials may vary with the sector and over time based on, amongother things, the cost of available emission reduction technologies and the ability ofbusinesses and households to adopt them.

— For example, reduction potentials include the acquisition of electric vehicles,cleaner industrial processes, electric heating systems rather than fossil-fuelheating systems and the conversion of waste into renewable natural gas.

Based on the modellings performed, it is estimated that by 2030:

— the transportation sector could account for around 57% of the technical emissionreduction potential of the economy as a whole;

Transportation: significant reduction potential by 2030

The transportation sector is projected to have the highest technical potential forreduction by 2030 (57% of the total reduction potential).

This is due, in particular, to:

– the opportunities afforded by the electrification of transportation in the coming years;

The price of batteries for electric vehicles decreased by 87% between 2010 and2019. This downward trend is expected to continue by 2030.

▪ In addition, the range of electric vehicles is increasing every year, which could boostconsumer appeal.

▪ Finally, within the next few years, a number of businesses will launch all-electricheavy vehicles, particularly for freight transport.

2. FINANCING THE FIRST IMPLEMENTATION PLANFOR THE FRAMEWORK POLICY

 Double the annual funds compared to the previous plan

In order to reinforce government action, the funds earmarked to fight climate changeare being substantially increased. Investments totalling $6.2 billion by March 2026have been earmarked for the first implementation plan of the electrification andclimate change framework policy.

This amount represents average funding of over $1 billion per year, compared to$526 million under the previous plan.6This is double the annual spending under the2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan.

( 6 Under the 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan, a total of $4.2 billion was being spent overeight years to fight climate change, that is, from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2020, an averageof $526 million per year. )

The financial framework for the first implementation plan for the framework policyincludes $6.2 billion in investments over six fiscal years, from January 1, 2021 toMarch 31, 2026.

 Rebate program for the acquisition of an electric vehicle

To support Quebecers' energy transition, the government is ensuring the continuedfinancing, until March 31, 2021, of rebates of up to $8 000 on the purchase of anelectric vehicle and $4 000 on the purchase of an all-electric used vehicle.

The parameters of the rebates for the acquisition of an electric vehicle that will applyafter that date will be specified at a later date. These rebates will provide financialsupport in line with market developments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ $762.9K 23.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 6936941 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 6177612 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.