LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Media Release - Chinese Government Initiatives, page-50

1. 28,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-...s-mine-gets-approval/5831500?section=business

Rare earths mine in remote Kimberley approved by WA Environment Minister
    By Natalie Jones
    Updated yesterday at 11:55am

A proposal for a rare earths mine in the remote Kimberley has been given the final environmental approval it needs to proceed to a construction phase.

Northern Minerals plans to mine rare earth oxide at its Browns Range Project, 160 kilometres south-east of Halls Creek.

In August, the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) recommended the project be approved as long as management plans were put in place to manage radiation and the potential impact on animals.

There were no objections lodged and this week WA Environment Minister Albert Jacob gave the project the go-ahead.

Northern Minerals managing director George Bauk said the company would now focus on getting its remaining operating licences.

"Getting the environmental approvals is a very significant stage for the company because it pretty much puts away all the licensing to be able to go and develop the project," he said.

"We're looking through the secondary approvals process [now] so at the mining proposal and project management plan, the works approval and licenses from the WA Department of Environmental Regulation, and licenses to construct bores and take water from the WA Department of Water.

"That's the next real key stages of the regulatory process.

"We're planning to see that completed early first quarter of 2015."

Mr Bauk said the next step was finalising the feasibility study and securing finance.

"The real big focus for us now is to seek project funding," he said.

"We have $314 million in the capital development so we'll be looking to raise around $400 million plus, which is the critical next step.

"We have to finish the feasibility study and to wrap all that up will be offtake agreements to sell the product."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.17
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.767B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.22 $6.14 $10.91M 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12550 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 124 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.